10.24.2010

Fable for Life

"Alas," said the mouse, "The whole world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into."

"You only need to change your direction," said the cat, and ate it up.

----"A Little Fable" by Franz Kafka (Beim Bau der Chinesischen Mauer 1931)


Photobucket

This life of mine in transition is once again facing the metaphor of a fork being stuck in the road. As this classic story by Franz Kafka reverberates silently into the deepest level of anyone's soul (pathetically how ironic), a simple realization has finally found when the center of my newly created universe---my masterpiece, will have to be given up for good.

Letting go of someone is never easy. And you have to get used to it for multiple times. You learn. But the best and the most significant transformation in growing up is the one that will hurt you the most, and one must face it alone and humbly. A taste of hell is sometimes important so that someday you will value more a little piece of heaven. A genuine piece of heaven that does not impose Riches, Youth, nor Good Looks as requirements for Love. A heaven that is not concerned with false prestige and earthly pleasures, a heaven that simply values and justifies a man's Honor, Integrity, and Humility. That genuine heaven is Love in its true form.

There are many directions in this world, but there is only one choice. I am making a choice, and I call that choice Life. The arrow of Time is always forward and for me, there is no turning back.

encore video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_n0zvoHlVk&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here!