1.27.2012

Kokology: The Game of Self-Discovery

What else can I say about this book? It's been around for more than ten years and I think my late discovery is better than not having that opportunity to flip the pages at all.

Learning about yourself is fun with this book and I find the explanations or analyses of my answers entertaining and sometimes weird. The accuracy (on my case) based on a loose estimate, stands somewhere between 80%-90%. This edition that combines the first and second books includes over 100 situations and scenarios for your own leisure of reflection and insight. Originally based from a Japanese quiz show that also spawned from the study of kokoro ("mind" or "spirit" in Japanese), it is now a common tome for team building activities in business or private organizations. This is highly recommended because of its lighthearted getting-to-know-you setup without prejudice and player intrusion. It is very helpful to bridge the communication gap between two people. One of the authors described it clearly--It's kind of like a Rorschach test that uses words instead of ink blots.


kokology \kōkōl'ōjē\ 
A series of psychological games 
designed to reveal your hidden attitudes
about sex, family, love, work and more.

I thought I was abnormal or something (LOL) but after reading this, there's nothing really to be afraid of. Unless the book's principle is severely flawed, I was still normal (and a dork) after all. If the authors' (Tadahiko Nagao and Isamu Saito) aim in publishing this book is to promote fun without diverting from science and at the same time for the reader's learning or reflection, then I can say that they hit the goal with a positive mark. Highly recommended for friends, lovers, and enemies alike.


Genre: Activity Book, Self-Discovery
Rating: 4 kokoro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments here!